SSTAR 47th Annual Meeting - in person!
April 28-May 1, 2022 - Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois
Sexual Healing: Pleasure and Positivity in our Modern World
This program is designed for a broad range of medical and mental health professionals with an interest in the care of people with sexual concerns, as well as for sex researchers/scholars and trainees in sexology, psychology, and other medical and mental health disciplines. Take advantage of this remarkable opportunity to hear from top notch speakers and network with professionals in your field at the SSTAR 2022 Annual Meeting! The SSTAR Annual Meeting offers members and non-members the opportunity to share ideas and learn from one another. Registration is now open!
This meeting is open to all professionals interested in the topic of sexuality. Attendees need not be SSTAR members or specialists in sexual health. Make plans to participate in the cutting edge scientific program! To view the entire program brochure, please CLICK HERE.
Confirmed Speakers to look forward to:
- Ashley Townes | Unpacking the Politics of Black Women’s Sexuality
- Kyle Stephenson | Expanding Access to Better Sex: Building and Testing an Online Psychotherapeutic Program for Female Sexual Difficulties
- Robert Suttle | The War on Sex: Decriminalizing HIV
- Laina Bay-Cheng | Marginal Risk: Sexual Vulnerability & Dignity in the Lives of Marginalized Youth
- Tierney Lorenz | The Body Remembers: How Sexual Trauma Shapes the Biological, Psychological, & Social Responses to Sexual Experiences
- Alexandra Solomon, Stan Althof, Sophie Bergeron, Natalie Rosen, Eli Coleman, Barry McCarthy, Peggy Kleinplatz, Dan Watter, are among many other exciting speakers!
- Four pre-conference workshops, two in the morning and two in the afternoon. Specialized workshops on (1) An Integrated and Multidisciplinary Model for the Delivery and Access of Sexual and Gender Health and Well-Being, (2) The Mighty, Marginalized Brain: What We Must Learn from Autistic & Neurodiverse Adults about Sexuality Education & Sex Therapy, (3) Nurturing Trans Erotic Embodiments: Re-Visioning Sex Therapy for Every Body, and (4) Making Your Mental Healthcare Practice/Organization (More) Inclusive of Consensually Non-monogamous Relationships.
- Highly anticipated and top-quality poster sessions of current sex research.
- Peer-reviewed talks by sexuality experts on a wide variety of topics reflecting the latest research and evidence-based clinical practice.
We encourage you to register now! CLICK HERE to register directly online. Or please CLICK HERE to download the registration form. Please note, for 2022, a late fee of $50 for the Friday/Saturday meeting, goes into effect April 1, 2022
Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
505 N. Michigan Ave | Chicago, Illinois 60611 | Phone: 312-944-4100
Reservations: A block of rooms with a special group rate has been reserved for SSTAR meeting attendees at the Single/Double Room rate of $219 (USD). Use this link to register directly.
Or if calling the hotel, please inform reservations that you are attending the SSTAR 2022 Annual Meeting to receive this special rate. The room block will be released on Monday, April 4, 2022, so please make your reservation early. After that day, room reservations are subject to availability and prices may go up. Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check-out time is 11:00 am.
SSTAR is foremost committed to fostering clinical sexuality practice and research. In order to fulfill this mission, SSTAR is dedicated to being a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who work in the field of human sexuality, including Black, Indigenous or other Persons of Color (BIPOC), individuals from the LGBT2SQ+ communities, and students as well as early career professionals.
SSTAR recognizes that payment of conference registration fees can be an economic hardship and is therefore offering 3 scholarships for the 2022 Annual Meeting of up to $785 each to attend 2 preconference workshops, the annual meeting on Friday and Saturday and post-conference Ethics workshop on Sunday. Applicants need not be SSTAR members. The deadline for scholarship entries is March 1, 2022.
The SSTAR scientific program committee will review all requests and notify every applicant by March 15, 2022.
Click here for the application form.
SSTAR would like to make sure everyone remains safe during this event and that you are aware of the guidelines in place. SSTAR is monitoring local, state and CDC guidance. We are asking every attendee to abide by the following safety guidelines:
SSTAR encourages vaccination; if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, we ask that you stay home.
- The InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile follows guidelines produced by the City of Chicago and State of Illinois and requires masking of guests while inside. The SSTAR meeting rooms will be set to maximize comfortable social distancing.
- Please use hand sanitizer stations; they will be available and complimentary for all attendees.
- SSTAR encourages all attendees to monitor Covid guidelines and to check back here for updates.