Registration is Now Open!
SSTAR 45th Annual Meeting
Let’s Talk about Sex: Media and Communication in Sex Therapy and Research
April 23-26, 2020
SSTAR meetings are devoted to understanding and treating sexual disorders within cultural context such as sexual dysfunctions, gender and sexual orientation challenges, and paraphilias. Take advantage of this remarkable opportunity to hear from top notch speakers and network with professionals in your field at the SSTAR 2020 Annual Meeting!! The SSTAR Annual Meeting, April 23-26, 2020 offers members and non-members the opportunity to share ideas and learn from one another.
Click Here to Discover Chicago and learn more about Chicago attractions, tours and travel during the SSTAR Annual Meeting next April.
Call for Poster Abstracts:
Poster Abstracts s are now being accepted for consideration for the 2020 SSTAR 45th Annual Meeting. Please Click Here for details to submit your abstract. Submission Deadline is February 1, 2020
This meeting is open to all professionals interested in the topic of sexuality. Attendees need not be SSTAR members or specialists in sexual health to register. Make plans to participate in the cutting edge scientific program! To view the entire program brochure, please CLICK HERE.
Confirmed Speakers to look forward to:
- Dan Savage | Insights from a Sex Advice Columnist
- Justin Lehmiller | Tell Me What You Want – Sexual Fantasy & Desire
- Pepper Schwartz | Navigating Aging & Sexuality
- Celeste Watkins-Hayes | How Women Living with HIV/AIDS Confront Inequality
- Justin Garcia | Evolutionary and Biocultural Foundations of Romanitc and Sexual Relationships
- Steve Levine, Linda Weiner, Sabitha Pillai -Friedman, Peggy Kleinplatz, & Dan Watter are among many other exciting speakers!
- Five specialized Pre-Conference Workshops, two in the morning and three in the afternoon.
- Jeff Hikckey | Intro to Emotional Focused Therapy for Sex & Couples Therapy
- Stephen B. Levine | Adult Love & Sexuality
- Justin Lehmiller | Creating an Online Presence and Navigating Social Media
- Sabitha Pillai-Friedman | Reclaiming the Body After Surgery, Illness and Sexual Losses
- Linda Weiner | Using Sensate Focus in Clinical Practice
- Highly anticipated and top-quality poster sessions of current sex research
- Peer-reviewed talks by sexuality experts on a wide variety of topics reflecting the latest research and evidence-based clinical practice
We encourage you to register now! CLICK HERE to register directly online. Or please CLICK HERE to print and mail in the registration form. Please note, for 2020: Late fee of $50 per session, across all registrant types, goes into effect March 23, 2020.
The InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
505 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
The InterContinental Chicago is conveniently located on the Magnificent Mile, this grand hotel dating from 1929 is a mile from the lakefront Chicago Shakespeare Theater, and a 13 minute walk from the expansive Millennium Park. See more at: ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/chicago
To reserve your hotel room directly online, CLICK HERE. Or you can make a reservation by calling the Intercontinental Hotel at (312) 944-4100. A block of rooms with a special group rate has been reserved for SSTAR meeting attendees at the Single/Double Room rate of $219 (USD). Please inform reservations that you are attending the SSTAR 2020 Annual Meeting to receive this special rate. Or use group code: GEK. The room block will be released on Monday, March 23, 2020, so please make your reservation early. After that day, room reservations are subject to availability and prices may go up.
NEW – Annual Meeting Sponsorship Opportunities
Support SSTAR’s mission to foster clinical sexuality practice and research and gain exposure to over two hundred attendees. Click Here to view the exciting sponsorship opportunities. Fill out the form attached. Please note, they are limited in availability and secured on a first come first serve basis.